Peppermint Patties Recipe
- 1 (14 ounce) can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 tablespoon peppermint extract
- 6 cups powdered sugar, plus additional for kneading filling
- 1 1/2 pounds chocolate-flavored candy coating*, melted
- Green or red food coloring (optional)
step 1: In large bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, peppermint extract and food coloring (optional). Add 6 cups sugar; beat on low speed until smooth and well blended. Turn mixture onto surface sprinkled with powdered sugar. Knead lightly to form smooth ball. Shape into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on wax paper-lined baking sheets. Flatten each ball into a 1 1/2-inch patty.
step 2: Let dry 1 hour or longer; turn over and let dry at least 1 hour. With fork, dip each patty into warm candy coating (draw fork lightly across rim of pan to remove excess coating). Invert onto wax paper-lined baking sheets; let stand until firm. Store covered at room temperature or in refrigerator.